XML is a software- and hardware-independent tool for storing and transporting data.
What is XML?
- XML stands for eXtensible Markup Language
- XML is a markup language much like HTML
- XML was designed to store and transport data
- XML was designed to be self-descriptive.
The Difference Between XML and HTML
XML and HTML were designed with different goals:
- XML was designed to carry data - with focus on what data is
- HTML was designed to display data - with focus on how data looks
- XML tags are not predefined like HTML tags are